Published January 10, 2017, 10:00 PM by PNA
The Department of Energy (DOE) reported yesterday that power has been restored to about 76 percent of households affected by typhoon “Nina.”
In a press briefing at Malacañang, DOE Undersecretary Felix William Fuentebella said that around 1.3 million of the estimated 1,765, 013 households affected by the typhoon have been re-energized as of January 9.
Fuerebella said all affected households in the provinces of Batangas, Occidental Mindoro, Sorsogon and Camarines Norte have already been restored.
“The provinces that are challenging as far as restoration is concerned are Marinduque with only 21 percent restored so far; Camarines Sur where we’re only hitting at 40 percent; and Catanduanes, 20 percent,” Fuentebella said.
He said these provinces bore the brunt of Nina.
Fuetebella said that 982 personnel from 52 participating energy companies and distribution utilities have already been deployed through Task Force Kapatid.
He said these personnel – composed of technical people, linesmen, and engineers – would be augmented soon to further fast track the restoration work.